The Barristers at Nexus Chambers recognise that this a very difficult time, but this is not a time for people to be without representation. People still need legal advice and support perhaps now more than ever. The legal profession is a front-line service and we intend to carry on offering that service. Nexus Chambers is the Chambers of Michael Mansfield QC; we call ourselves a fighting set as this is what Michael has always done and so we will fight for you.
We have set out below how we can help if you are a Solicitor or a member of the public seeking legal assistance.
If you need a barrister to represent your clients then please contact us as normal, the clerks room remains open. All members of chambers will adapt to your needs to engage with you, your clients and the courts. Many hearings will have to be conducted remotely over the next weeks and perhaps months; Members of Chambers will make sure that your cases are covered and that you are informed of the results in a timely fashion. We are committed to continue to deliver the highest possible level of service for you and your clients.
For Members of the Public
Please make the initial contact to us via email@example.com
• Contract, debt, mortgage and all general civil law issues – including what is called frustration and/or ‘force majeure’ i.e. circumstances that prevent someone from fulfilling a contract
• Travel and insurance issues
• Event Cancellations
• Medical negligence and personal injury
• Housing generally including landlord and tenant issues and questions about the proposals for government support
• Family law generally including injunctions and drafting of shared home agreements
• Crime generally including road traffic issues
• The new coronavirus emergency legislation
• Habeas corpus applications to get people out of unlawful detention
Nexus Chambers will follow the advice from the Lord Chancellor and Public Health England and use emails, remote access, face time and Skype or Zoom to speak to you and deal with your case wherever possible.